Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I need a dog hair dryer! help?

I am looking for a good dog hair dryer.



I usually dry them with a towel, but now that his hair is longer/thicker it takes a long time. (i have soft coated wheaten terriers)



I took him to a groomer once and they called me saying my dog is so terrified of the hair drier they asked if i mind bringing him home damp! (yah, i never went back there again)



Can anyone recommend a good product? A quiet hair dryer that is really good for long thick hair. Or even any tips on getting my dog used to the hair dryer



I need a dog hair dryer! help?

you will want a metro dryer. I would say a 4 horse power will do it. As everyone says, it will be loud, no way around that, unless you want to spend $1,000 on a Romani. start slowly, and don't over react yourself, if you dog is scared. If you act calm, chances are your dog will get over the fear of noises.



I need a dog hair dryer! help?

Dunno about a recommendation, but here's a bunch that you can compare:



http://grooming.petedge.com/catalog/sect...



I need a dog hair dryer! help?

Your dog is afraid of loud noises. Put a cotton ball in each ear to help with it. I used to do that all the time in my grooming shop. It is not the groomers fault, it is because you need to condition your dog to loud noises. A Wheaten needs to be groomed on a regular basis or the coat mats.



They are beautiful dogs but needs lots of maintainance .



The dryer that he needs to straighten his coat is a power dryer %26amp; they are very loud. No way to get around that. You can get a table top dryer for about $250, maybe a little more but it is one you can dry %26amp; brush at the same time to straighten the hair. Check out the dryer at www.jefferspet.com



I need a dog hair dryer! help?

I'd recommend getting him used to the noise. Let him check it out when it's off, have him in the same room when you turn it on. Let him see it's not going to eat anyone, turn it off and praise him for being brave enough to sniff it. Maybe even have some treats on hand when he overcomes his fears. Maybe in time, he'll come running every time he hears the hairdryer in hopes of treats.



Relating good things to scary things usually helps.



Good luck.



I need a dog hair dryer! help?

Before spending big bucks buying a dog dryer,condition your dog using your dryer on a low setting.First put it across the room from him then move it closer as he gets used to the noise,positive reinforce him for ignoring the noise.



I need a dog hair dryer! help?

Go to a pet salon that has the item you need and ask them where do they get them



I need a dog hair dryer! help?

i have an air force single speed and it works well. it's more than normal for dogs to be afraid of the noise as well as the blowing of their coat. start at the legs and slowly move up talking gently but when your dog starts to jump around be firm and say NO!!! but don't stop drying. he will get used to it in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment